Thursday, January 19, 2012

How can I jeri-rig a patio umbrella to mount to the top of a basketball pole?

I'm looking to replace my basketball hoop with a patio umbrella. Ideally, I want an offset umbrella that mounts where the face plate of the basketball hoop used to be. I don't like "Shade to Go" and the types that use a tall umbrella mounted to the middle of the pole. I'd like to spend under $200, but I'm having trouble finding umbrellas (that are top mount without a pole) and the hardware to do this.How can I jeri-rig a patio umbrella to mount to the top of a basketball pole?
U need to use a regular patio umbrella and standard BB pole just use a u bolt to attach them together. U bolt is what you use to attach pipes together , it should work well for what you want.Good LuckHow can I jeri-rig a patio umbrella to mount to the top of a basketball pole?
You might be able to use a tractor umbrella, might find one at a farm and ranch store such as Attwoods or Tractor supply Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment