Thursday, January 19, 2012

What would be the best basketball position for me?

What would be the best basketball position for me?

I'm about 6ft 1, Pretty good dribbler, average shooter, but am pretty good at lay-ups, left and right hand. Pretty fast, and a pretty good rebounder.

For my age (15) i am tall and quite skinny. I prefer to play offence as my marking isn't great. I have only recently started playing again and need advice as to which position is suited to my style of play. Cheers.What would be the best basketball position for me?
At that height it all depends on who your playing with, you could be the tallest person on the team, which in that case you would play a forward. But you might have guys that are like 6'5 or 6'6 or anything bigger then you, and in that case you would have to play a guard. Most point guards in the NBA are like around 6'3, so it all depends.
u need 2 playin small forward n make sure yo ***** *** get n da weight roomWhat would be the best basketball position for me?
cheerleader. totally. or mascot.... oh, towel boy... there it is towel boy.
Forward sounds like a good fit. Either way keep playing and good luck.What would be the best basketball position for me?
i would say a forward? maybe or 2 guard
Point guard sounds like the natural position for you, man. But defense must get better and you should be a good (not average) shooter for the best success. Good luck!
point guard or shooting guard.
As a person who plays basketball constantly, here's my advice.





At 6'1, you're on the tall side for 15, although you're now past the freshman basketball, so you're playing with other tall kids.



What you've said so far sounds perfect for a PG, as a PG handles most of the dribbling for press breaks and sets up the offense, also, a PG must have quickness for dribbling and the ability to get into the lane and hit lay-ups (especially with both hands). However, your rebounding skills wouldn't be used as much here, but you're on the skinny side, and playing forward would mean you have to face other kids around (In my league..D1) around 6'2-6'3 who are most likely more muscular and physical than you. So PG would be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment