Monday, January 23, 2012

What can I expect at basketball trials and how do I get ready?

I'm going to basketball tryouts for the regional team in about a week. I've never been to tryouts and I missed the tryouts for my age group so I'm trying out for an older age group. I need to know what to expect at trials and how to get ready for it, I don't have a hoop but I've got a lot of time because I"m on holiday right now.What can I expect at basketball trials and how do I get ready?
I am a Basketball coach and I have worked with Gilbert arenas and Jordan Farmar when they were in High school . you should expect a lot of running and fundamental drills. so be prepared for lay up drills, jump shot drills,sprints,outlet drills,passing drills,dribbling drills, free throw drills,etc. coaches are first looking for kids with great attitudes. attitude is everything!then, they want a player that has fundamental skills. no fancy stuff. and last but not leas,t a hustler and defender! if you nail these things I guarantee, you will make the cut! Good Luck buddy! make that team.

No comments:

Post a Comment