Monday, January 23, 2012

How many calories does a basketball player lose?

An average starting basketball player that plays roughly 40 minutes a game. I always see Garnett and Shaq sweating like crazy when there on the free-throw line. So it got me wondering.How many calories does a basketball player lose?
i would say like about 400-500 caloriesHow many calories does a basketball player lose?
I would agree with the guy above me. 400 to 500 calories should be burned in that time period. But it varies. If you are in good shape and you are running the floor every possession than you might even burn more. But if you give up on plays and just stand around than it will be less. Just clarifying because my neighbor used to play YMCA ball and would tell me about all the calories he burned. I went to one of the games and he would just camp on the offensive end to get quick buckets. lolHow many calories does a basketball player lose?
Close to 300.
Enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment