Thursday, January 19, 2012

What D2 colleges have the highest number of basketball walkons?

My son is a high school junior and is passionate about basketball and a good ball player. If he doesn't get any 'looks' (only 5' 10") in the next year, anything he can do to increase his chances? He doesn't care what college he attends (if not D2, then D3), but he just wants to play basketball and I'm wondering if there are any stats out there that indicate highest number of 'walk ons' over a time period, or other tips. He has good grades too!What D2 colleges have the highest number of basketball walkons?
I was all county in high school and MVP of my team and I didn't even have a chance of making a D2 college team. My league was very good in high school including two D1 players one in which went to Kentucky. Division 2 is mainly for the great athletes with out a whole lot of skill that coaches think they can make better. I was offered to play at many D3 schools but didn't even have a chance at a last place division 2 team.What D2 colleges have the highest number of basketball walkons?
We have a 6'6 Center at our very small (around 450 ppl) high school, and he is being welcomed with open arms to a D3 school over here. He's not very good, but D3 will accept mostly anyone that was good at the high school level. As for D2, i'm not really sure. I just tried to give you an impression of how it is around here, I know I didn't answer most of your question, just giving some input.

No comments:

Post a Comment